The time is fast approaching to go to Guatemala to meet our sponsored children and their families.

I am trying very hard to raise money to buy supplies and items that the families need.

I have been able to accomplish a few great things... you can read the blog below to see what we have been able to buy for the families.

All three of our families now have onil stoves on order. We also were able to send all three families water filters!

Here are some things we still need to purchase for the families:

All three families need pilas (sinks), all three families need table and chairs, all three families need at least one - two closets. Two of the families need chickens/starter chicken food and coops, at least one family needs the electricity hooked up.

I would like to see how much it would cost to have concrete floors put in the homes of our sponsored families. I am also curious to see how much it would cost to have a cement home built for Marcos and his family. I am hearing about 4,000 - but it could be more or less. I have to wait until our trip to actually check out the situation. This is just something I'm tossing around in my head. Marcos' home is made of mud brick. Basically, mud and sticks. Their old home was washed away in a really bad hurricane a couple of years ago. I'd hate to see this happen to them again. At least a cement home, they would have a little more protection.

What do you think of this? Maybe I want to help too much? Is that actually possible?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home