Today, we earned $480 in our garage sale! We decided to use that money to supply needs for the families of the children we sponsor.

We split the cost of an onil stove for Oscars family – also split cost of water filter and chickens… (split cost with the families that sponsor Oscars’ little sisters). Total= 92.50

Split cost of two beds with Rafaels sisters’ sponsor = $130.

One of Rafaels sisters sponsors supplied the family with an onil stove!

Marcos’ also has sisters. Their sponsors bought a bed and a water filter for his family.

I sent in the money so Marcos and his family will have a stove. $120. I also sent money for one more bed for his family. $130.

This means, we only have $7.50 left from the sale tonight – but look at what we accomplished!

A stove for Oscars family, a new bed and stove for Marcos’ family. A new stove, water filter and chickens for Oscars family. Two beds for Rafaels family.

Marcos' family still could use two more beds. All three families need a pila. One of the families is in need of a water filter. All three families need table/chairs, closets so they do not have to shove all of their clothes in a box. Rafael and Marcos both need chickens with supplies, I am waiting to hear if it is possible to hook up electric to Raphaels home. Oscars family still needs beds.

All families need food. I am taking blankets down in May (thanks to Candy!).

I could go on and on, but I am sleepy - it's been a long garage sale day - and I'm going to bed! :)


I will write soon with an updated list. J

1 Comment:

  1. Kasey said...
    I very happy to hear that the garage sale went well, Patti!

    I admire you so much for what you are doing for this little boy's family.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home