Quilts Coming Soon

Sharon, from Mayan Families will be sending a couple of quilts my way to try to sell in hopes of raising money for their general fund. Actually, she asked that a small percentage would to go their general fund... and that we could use some of the profits for our three sponsored children.

I have decided to donate 70% to the general fund, and 30% to our sponsored children.

The reason:

Mayan Families general fund is always in need of extra money. For example - Mayan Families had three families come to them this week with medical emergencies. They need money for their medical fund, as well as other emergencies.

I feel that it is important for Mayan Families to be able to help when a serious issue arises. I have personally visited Mayan Families and believe 100% with my whole heart that they use the money correctly. I have no reservations about donating to Mayan Families. They help many people, their business office is small and modest - nothing fancy. The workers of Mayan Families are busy from sunrise to sunset - they do not have fancy clothing or cars.

So, everyone - I hope you will be behind me in this. :)

I will not keep ANY of the profit from the funds raised in the quilt fundraiser.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Cant wait to see the new quilts!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home