Food

This week, I was able to send money to Oscar and Marcos family for food. I will have photos to post soon.

It's almost time to pay for school sponsorship again. I am debating if I will be sponsoring Raphael again this upcoming year.

The main reason, I want to do larger projects that will impact families - such as I did with Marcos floor and building Oscar a home. Raphaels mother has lied saying that Raphaels father was dead, so that her children would be sponsored under Mayan Families. Raphaels father alive - he is a drunk.

Part of me wants to make sure Raphael will be sponsored - however, I am pretty sure he will be - as he is still elementary age (it costs less to spnosor younger students).

I do not feel comfortable giving Raphaels family items that the parents might sell, using the items purchased to exchange for boose instead of bettering their lives.

Oscar and Marcos both have hard working parents that are tying to make a difference in the lives of their children. I know in donating larger items (tables, chairs etc) - that the parents will not sell them. They will charish the items.

I am thinking that I will not renew Raphaels sponsorship right now. If he is still not sponsored in a few months - maybe we can pick him up again.

I would like your thoughts on this please.

1 Comment:

  1. Aaron said...
    Go with your heart. If it's a mistake, God will tell you. It does sound like you are headed in a different direction anyways. Don't worry, God is working His plan for your life. Sometimes you just have to do what you think is right.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home